4. Project Starling Ecosystem¶
ProjectStarling can be considered an umbrella term for a large ecosystem of projects which are connected by the plug and play modularity of the systems. This page lists some of the key github projects and containers which are used throughout this project. In the future this page can hopefully also link to extension modules which have been developed by users.
- 4. Project Starling Ecosystem
- 4.1 Contents
- 4.2 Core Starling Projects and Containers
- 4.3 Specific and Applied Projects
4.2 Core Starling Projects and Containers¶
4.2.1 Project Starling¶
This repository contains the core elements of the system. It contains the source for the following docker containers:
- uobflightlabstarling/starling-mavros - Core mavros container
- uobflightlabstarling/rosbridge-suite - Ros websocket bridge (rosbridge-suite) Container
- uobflightlabstarling/starling-controller-base - Controller Base Container
- uobflightlabstarling/starling-vicon - Container for vicon
In addition it also contains the source for the following containers for simulation
uobflightlabstarling/starling-sim-base-core - Base Gazebo simulator
uobflightlabstarling/starling-sim-base-px4 - Base container with px4
- uobflightlabstarling/starling-sim-px4-sitl - Gazebo container with px4 sitl installed
uobflightlabstarling/starling-sim-iris - Base gazebo container with px4 sitl installed and spwawns the iris quadcopter model
uobflightlabstarling/starling-sim-ardupilot-copter - Base Container with ArduCopter
- uobflightlabstarling/starling-sim-ardupilot-gazebo - Gazebo Simulator for use with Ardupilot
- uobflightlabstarling/starling-sim-iris-ap - Base gazebo container with ardupulot sitl installed and spawns the iris quadcopter model with camera.
It also contains some example usage:
This repository contains the main Command Line Interface and all of the docker-compose and kubernetes deployment files. These deployment files rely on a number of the containers in this file.
4.2.3 Starling Simple Offboard¶
This repository contains a basic PX4 simple offboard controller, abstracting away mavros.
4.2.4 Starling Allocator¶
This repository contains a trajectory allocator project allocating trajectories to visible mavros vehicles on the network (running starling simple offboard)
4.2.5 Starling UI/ GUI/ User Interfaces¶
126.96.36.199 Starling Ui Dashly¶
This respository contains a more extensible replacement GUI for thie basic starling ui. It can be used to upload trajectories for use with the allocator and simple offboard.
188.8.131.52 Starling UI Example¶
This repository contains an example UI application which uses the ros web-bridge/rosbridge-suite * uobflightlabstarling/starling-example-ui
184.108.40.206 Deprecated Starling UI¶
- uobflightlabstarling/starling-ui - Basic UI (deprecated)
4.3 Specific and Applied Projects¶
4.3.1 Coex Clover (clover_ros2_pkgs)¶
This repository contains libraries and dockerfile for building the software layer which controls hardware on the Clover drone
4.3.2 Fenswood Farm¶
This repository contains the model and docker-compose file for the Fenswood Farm scenario for the University of Bristol Aerial MSc Group Project.